Friday, June 8, 2007

Friends

The Lord has been working in me lately - mainly through my thoughts.

In Switzerland, I was blessed to have 3 of the best friends a girl could ask for - all VERY much like me. Two of the girls were American and one was Australian. All were beautiful Christian women and we shared so, so much - from issues with hurtful friends to pregnancy woes and we celebrated ANYTHING with lunch, shopping and coffee at Starbucks. It was just the best experience for me, as far as friends are concerned.

I miss these friends so, so badly - I haven't seen them in almost a year and it will probably be a long time before I see them again. We do email them from time to time and it feels great to reconnect.

I'm almost desperate for a connection like that now that I'm back in the U.S., but life is so different here. I have friends here - good friends. But, life is so, so busy here that we don't see each other that often and we're really not *that* much alike. The Lord is pushing me (for lack of a better term) to find more Christian friends. Our church is SOOOOOOOOOO big - we're going through catechism right now, working our way to applying for membership to the church. There are no other married couples in our catechism class. We live in a tiny town - no mom's groups around.

I guess I'm feeling a bit lonely. I need female friendships in my life. I had the best of the best in Switzerland and while I'm almost certain I won't experience that again, I'd like something that makes me feel half as good as I did then.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

No comments: